Last week at the Monterey Car week Bugatti unveiled a new car. They announced the Bugatti Divo. If you’ve been holding onto you’re life savings to get your hands on the new Bugatti Divo. You’ll want to know a few things.
A few key specifications of the Bugatti Divo are:
- Powertrain: 8 Ltr.W16 Engine with 4 turbochargers with Bugatti 2-stage turbocharging and intercooling
- Power Output: 1,103 kw / 1,500 hp at 6,700 rpm Max
- Torque: 1,600 nm (2,000 to 6,000 rpm)
- Transmission: 7-speed DSG dual-clutch gearbox
- Acceleration: 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) 2.4 sec
- Weight: reduced by 35kg vs. CHIRON
That is quite a power plant. most vehicles that are turbocharged have 1 – 2 turbos at the most. However, there are a small few that have 3 – 4 turbos.
Minor tweaks on the Chiron engine
Not being that much of a gear-head it appears as though the engine that is in the Bugatti Divo is the same engine in the Chiron with a few minor tweaks to up the power. They are both a quad-turbocharged W16 engine,
From the outside, however, you can tell that they have made more aesthetically pleasing changes to the design. The changes also help the performance of the car.
- DIVO has 90 kg (198 lbs) more downforce than the CHIRON
- DIVO has a higher lateral acceleration of 1.6 g (vs 1.5 g for Chiron)
- Increased wheel camber with maximum speed now limited to 380 km/h (236 mph)
- DIVO is 8 seconds faster lap time on the Nardò handling circuit
What does it Cost?
These changes definitely make the Bugatti Divo more desirable, if you can come up with the cash to get your hands on one. They are over 5 million Euros, which calculates to 5,825,740.00 USD. You will also be intrigued to know that they are only making 40 of them, if you’re able to get your hands on one, you will be part of the elite. The only problem is they are only available to current Chiron owners. The only other issue is they have all been sold pre-production. If you want to get your hands on it you’ll have to do so as a 2nd buyer.
What do you think of the Bugatti Divo? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. You can also Contact Me.
***Support The Channel and Website***